Thursday, February 08, 2007

nesting and contractions

Well I think I have started to nest. Our weekdays are pretty busy, so we usually spend Saturday cleaning the house. Well last Saturday, Mike had lots of homework to do, so I just cleaned and cleaned. I wore myself out, but it felt good to really clean the kitchen good and the bathroom. It was driving me crazy, because the floor in the kitchen needed to be mopped, but Mike and I have always done it on our hands and knees. We don't have a mop. I know I couldn't do that 8 months pg. So I wasn't able to mop the floor, but bought a cheap mop when we went to the store, so I should be able to mop it this weekend. The baby's room still needs to be organized. I am feeling more anxious about getting it done. I will probably work on that this weekend too.

I have felt my first contractions. I really had no idea what they were. One day a week or so ago, I just felt crampy the whole day, it wasn't really painful, so I didn't worry about it much. It went away by the next day but since then every once in awhile I feel it again. I asked my dr. about it at my appt last Tuesday and he told me that it was contractions and that I should be feeling them now. My uterus is just trying to get ready for the big day. It is so exciting and getting so close now. I don't need to worry about the contractions unless they start getting really intense and regular, which they haven't. I really don't feel them that often.

I also found out at my last appt that I have gained 40lbs so far. I was really hoping to stay under 40lbs, but I guess that won't happen. I am nervous how big the baby will be, I hope when he reaches 8lbs that he decides it's time to be born. Everything is going so well still. I really hope that everything continues to go well, especially during labor and delivery. I am getting more anxious about it, but am still not very scared. I just can't wait until I have my baby in my arms.

It is crazy to think that this time last year, Mike and I were expecting twins. A lot has happened in the past year and it has all gone by so fast. I remember this time last year, being so exciting and busy getting things in order. Last night I dreamt we had twins. I know that the twins birthday coming up has made them be on my mind a lot. We received a catalog in the mail the other day from a company that sells birthday stuff, and it has all first birthday things in it. I know we received it because the twins birthday is coming up, so it made me a little sad to see it. I can't believe they are almost a year old. I wish I could see them and know that they are doing okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home